Spiced Rhubarb Pickles
- 2 pounds (900 g) rhubarb
- 2 cups (455 g) granulated sugar
- 1.75 cups (425 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cut the rhubarb into 1cm pieces. Do not peel.
- Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar and add the zest and juice of the orange, the ginger, mustard seeds, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Add the fruit and bring to the boil. Simmer carefully for 15 minutes.
- Strain the fruit and reduce the liquid by boiling until syrupy. Mix it with the fruit.
- Pour the pickle into sterilized jars and seal.